Name and location of repository
Level of description
Series 1: Pacific Bell and GTE's Community Education Program for Called ID Blocking
- 1995-1997 (Creation)
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use elements
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Languages of the material
Scripts of the material
Language and script notes
Acquisition and appraisal elements
Immediate source of acquisition
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information
Related materials elements
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related archival materials
- Background article by Beth Givens on the consumer education program: "Caller 10: The Case for Consumer Education"
- Pacific Bell and GTE's Community Education Program for Caller ID Blocking, Trainer's Handbook, by Program Administrator Heath & Associates
- Testimony by both Beth Givens (PRC) and Michael Shames (UCAN) before the California Public Utilities Commission Administrative and educational documents by Pacific Bell and GTE
- VCRs: (I) Project overview, by Heath & Associates and (2) video of press conference aimed at Chinese consumers, June 1996
- Consumer education materials of phone companies and several California organizations:
- Domestic violence shelter education program, by Heath & Assoc.
- Caller ID blocking options media kit, by Pacific Bell Caller ID privacy guides in 5 languages by Privacy Rights Clearinghouse: "Caller ID and My Privacy: "What Do I Need to Know?". English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, Korean.
- Guide by Police Activities League, "Learn about Caller JD blocking from Captain 9-1-1".
- 2 guides by Support Center for Nonprofit Management, "Your Phone, Your Privacy, Your Choice".
- "Caller 10 and Your Privacy", guides and training materials by Consumer Action. Multiple languages.
- Final Report, May 20, 2997, by Heath & Associates for Pacific Bell/GTE Community Education Program for Caller ID Blocking
Archon Collection Content ID