Dept. of Biological and Agricultural Engineering

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Dept. of Biological and Agricultural Engineering

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The department of Farm Machinery was first established at Kansas State Agricultural College in April, 1915.  This new department was transferred from the department of Agronomy to the division of Engineering and was headed by F.A. Wirt.  In 1918 the name changed to Farm Engineering and by 1922 it became known as Agricultural Engineering.  The name did not change again until 1994 when the department became known as the department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

Kansas State University

Identifier of the related entity

Category of the relationship

hierarchical

Type of relationship

Kansas State University

is the superior of

Dept. of Biological and Agricultural Engineering

Dates of the relationship

Description of relationship

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Kansas State histories and departmental history file.

Maintenance notes

Creator Source: Local Authority File

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places