Name and location of repository
Level of description
Series 3: Early Years of PRC
- 1992-2009 (Creation)
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use elements
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Languages of the material
Scripts of the material
Language and script notes
Acquisition and appraisal elements
Immediate source of acquisition
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information
Related materials elements
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related archival materials
- PRC history and bio of founder, now executive director emeritus Beth Givens
- Funding sources, 2011-April 2018; cy PRCs class action settlements, PRC's main source of funding.
- 2 annual reports from first 2 years; no more annual reports were written.
- Set of Fact Sheets (paper) from 1992 through 1998, in English and Spanish.
- California merchant info-gathering law - what a retailer can require/request when you pay with check & by credit card. Wallet card for shoppers, large bright yellow info card for merchants
- Fact Sheet order forms, 1992-2000, showing increase in number of guides.
- Privacy Rights Handbook, by Beth Givens (1997).
- San Diego Union Tribune, privacy supplement featuring PRC Sept. 30,1997.
- San Diego Reader, cover story on PRC, Sept. 11, 1997.
- Joint UCAN/PRC educational guides.
- UCAN/PRC progress reports, 1996-1999.
- Lifetime movie, "Identity Theft: The Michelle Brown Story" (2004).
- Brochures developed by California state legislators, using content from the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse.
- "Privacy ...in the Information Age": First major conference on privacy in Calif, Nov. 16, 1992.
- "Privacy Piracy: A Guide to Protecting Yourself from Identity Theft" by Mari Frank and Beth Givens (1999).
- Photos of hotline room at Univ. of San Diego Center for Public Interest Law in the early days of the PRC, 1992-1996.
- Fundraising materials ~1993-1995
- Misc. flyers and publications, early years.
- News and Magazine articles, 1992-2009
- Documents regarding the establishment of Identity Theft Resource Center in 1999 (initially VOICES) by Linda Goldman Foley
- Google Gmail controversy
- Privacy Advocates Conference, May 15-16, 2009, hosted by PRC in San Diego.
- VHS video. PRCsentation by Beth Givens, 1992, to Bagong Bukas, Filipino group
- 25<emph render='super'>th</emph> Anniversary of Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, Sept. 14, 2017
Archon Collection Content ID